Dial-Up Account Terms, Conditions & Payment Guidelines
The WVNET dialup Internet service is intended to be as cost-effective, non-bureaucratic and user-friendly as possible. It is an unmeasured service with a fixed cost of $16.95 per month, rather than a measured service where you pay by the minute or by the hour. However, the unmeasured nature of the service imposes requirements for users to be reasonable and courteous.
Terms and Conditions
To receive an account, you must agree to abide by WVNET’s policies and guidelines related to computer use (see below), your local campus computing policies, applicable network (Internet, etc.) usage guidelines, and state and federal laws regarding computer abuse.
- You are expected to exercise responsible, ethical behavior when using WVNET’s computers, information, networks or resources.
- You are expected not to share your account with others since accounts are priced for individual use.
- You can only have one account. If you have a suspended account, you must have it reinstated rather than getting a new account.
Violations may result in loss of access privileges, requirements for restitution, suspension or expulsion from school, civil fines and/or judgements, and/or referral to law enforcement agencies for criminal prosecution. WVNET exercises no control over the information available on the Internet.
The WVNET Internet service is a monthly subscription service with a flat fee, payable in advance on the first of each month.
When is my first payment due?
- • If you sign up between the 1st and 15th of a month:
- Your first payment will be for that month and will be due on or before the 25th of that month.
- • If you sign up on or after the 16th of a month:
- Your first payment will be due on the 1st of the following month.
- • All payments will be due on the first day of each month thereafter.
How do I pay?
There are three ways to pay:
- • Credit card:
- We currently accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. Automatic deduction will take place on or about the first of each month and will assure continuity of service.
Download a printable version of a form with which you can sign up to pay your bill with your credit card.
- • Check:
- You will not be billed; you will be provided with payment coupons to include with your check.Checks must be exactly $16.95 (or multiples thereof).
Payment is due in advance on the 1st of the month. You can pay for several months with one check by including the corresponding coupons.
Make Checks Payable to WVNET and Send to:
P.O. Box 3188
Charleston WV 25332-3188
- • Automatic debit:
- You can pay your monthly $16.95 WVNET Internet dialup account fee through automatic debit to your checking account on the 5th of each month. To sign up, download this printable version of our authorization form , fill it out, attach a voided check, and mail to:
ATTN: Phil Snitz
837 Chestnut Ridge Road
Morgantown WV 26505
When we receive it, we will set up your account in our billing database to deduct $16.95 a month from your checking account. This amount will be deducted automatically on the fifth of every month (or the following Monday if it falls on a weekend).
To give us time to set up the database, we must receive your authorization form and voided check by the fifteenth of the month for your debit payments to begin on the fifth of the following month. For example, if you would like to start this in July, we will need to receive your form and check by June fifteenth.
If you ever need to cancel your account, please notify us by the first of the month so we can get your account information out of our database before it is processed.
Questions or Changes Related to Payment
If you have any questions, or if you need to make any changes in your account payment, please call us at: 1-800-253-1558 ext. 258 or 253 or send E-mail to:
Phil Snitz –email@example.com
Libby Cress –firstname.lastname@example.org
How are late payments handled?
Any overdue account will be suspended until payment is received. Payments for overdue accounts received before the 25th will reinstate the account and will pay for the current month.
Can I stop my subscription?
You should not stop and restart the service for short periods of time, such as during holiday breaks. However, if you are a student, you may want to stop the service in May and restart it in August for summer break. Students who pay via automatic deduction and who wish to suspend their account for the summer must contact the WVNET central site to have their automatic deduction suspended for the summer. Students who pay by check and who wish to suspend their account for the summer may do so by not paying for the months they do not wish to use the account.
Can I get a refund?
We are sorry, due to the way the payments are processed, WVNET does not offer refunds.
To contact the WVNET Business Office staff:
Send an e-mail to our department, or write, phone, or Fax:WVNET Business Office
837 Chestnut Ridge Road
Morgantown WV 26505 USA
Phone: (304) 293-5192, ext. 253, 256, 258 or 283
Fax: (304) 293-2481