What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, web-based academic advising and degree audit tool that helps students and their advisors successfully navigate curriculum requirements.
What are the benefits of using Degree Works?
Degree Works provides students with access to their unofficial degree audit which lists information regarding their current program(s) of study including institutional requirements, general education requirements, major requirements (with concentrations if applicable) and minor, dual major and dual degree requirements, should students choose to pursue any one of these. When using Degree Works, students will be able to:
- See degree requirements for their major(s), minor(s) and concentrations (where applicable)
- See how completed courses and courses in progress apply to degree requirements
- Identify courses needed to complete their degree
- View their grades and GPAs
- Create What-If audits to view requirements if intending to change current curriculum
- Estimate how many semesters it will take to graduate
- View how transfer credits are used to satisfy degree requirements
What is Degree Works Transfer Equivalency?
The Degree Works Transfer Equivalency module gives prospective students the ability to obtain an unofficial “what-if” degree audit when considering their transfer of courses to another institution.
This works by the student self-reporting the courses, credit hours, and grades earned from other institutions and learning which of their credits will transfer. The module provides a preliminary, unofficial assessment, then directs students to speak to a transfer evaluator for official transfer and articulation results.
What is the benefit of Transfer Equivalency?
Seeing how coursework will transfer helps students customize an educational pathway that fits their needs and budget.
Degree Works News
- Customer Spotlight: WVROCKSThe Fall 2020 semester marks West Virginia’s Remote Online Collaborative Knowledge System (WVROCKS) ninth year of service to institutions of higher education in the State. The WVROCKS portal delivers quality online courses to Regents Bachelor…
- Telecommunication Network II Specialist (Full-Time)Work Location: 837 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV, 26505 Classification: Salary, Non-Classified, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. Job Summary Work as a teammate alongside TNS I’s and II’s with guidance as…
- Executive Administrative Assistant (Full-Time)Work Location: 837 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV, 26505 Classification: Salary, Non-Classified, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. Job Summary WVNET is seeking an organized, self-motivated, resourceful team player to provide support…
- AIX Systems AdministratorWork Location: 837 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV, 26505 Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. Job Summary Responsible for installation and support of the AIX operating system, system security administration, operations management, hardware planning, acquisition and…
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)Work Location: 837 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV, 26505 (Required) Classification: Salary, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt Application Deadline: Open Until Filled. Job Summary The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) reports to the Director and is…