What is Degree Works?
Degree Works is a comprehensive, easy-to-use, web-based academic advising and degree audit tool that helps students and their advisors successfully navigate curriculum requirements.
What are the benefits of using Degree Works?
Degree Works provides students with access to their unofficial degree audit which lists information regarding their current program(s) of study including institutional requirements, general education requirements, major requirements (with concentrations if applicable) and minor, dual major and dual degree requirements, should students choose to pursue any one of these. When using Degree Works, students will be able to:
- See degree requirements for their major(s), minor(s) and concentrations (where applicable)
- See how completed courses and courses in progress apply to degree requirements
- Identify courses needed to complete their degree
- View their grades and GPAs
- Create What-If audits to view requirements if intending to change current curriculum
- Estimate how many semesters it will take to graduate
- View how transfer credits are used to satisfy degree requirements
What is Degree Works Transfer Equivalency?
The Degree Works Transfer Equivalency module gives prospective students the ability to obtain an unofficial “what-if” degree audit when considering their transfer of courses to another institution.
This works by the student self-reporting the courses, credit hours, and grades earned from other institutions and learning which of their credits will transfer. The module provides a preliminary, unofficial assessment, then directs students to speak to a transfer evaluator for official transfer and articulation results.
What is the benefit of Transfer Equivalency?
Seeing how coursework will transfer helps students customize an educational pathway that fits their needs and budget.