West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) connects K-12 schools, higher educational institutions, libraries, state and county government, and various not-for-profits to the Internet and the rest of the world through our state-of-the-art network and telecommunications expertise.
Our team of dedicated IT professionals provide guidance and training to educators and staff in higher education and K-12 schools. Our research and development of software, tools, and systems address problems and tackle challenges that are unique to West Virginia’s public institutions and not-for-profits.
Work Location: 837 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV, 26505 (Required)
Classification: Salary, Non-Classified, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt
Salary: Starting annual salary range is $80,000 – $90,000. Additionally, WVNET offers an excellent state government benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance coverage, retirement investing, and life insurance plans as well as generous amounts of vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or relevant Information Technology field required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience working in higher education required.
- Three (3) years of personnel management and supervision required.
- Experience working with a Distance Learning program preferred.
- Experience working with Ellucian’s Banner ERP system preferred.
- *** DETAILS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE MUST BE SHOWN IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF YOUR RESUME ***
The Client Services Manager is responsible for managing teams whose initiatives include Banner Functional/User Interfaces, Degree Works, Learning Management Systems, Web Services, Application Development, Data Analytics and Web Interfaces, and other educational services special projects. This team is also responsible for the annual Statewide Technology Conference as well as other user training programs throughout the year. Responsible for working with the teams to develop marketing plans for all products and services, implementing procedures that ensure excellence in customer service, and providing professional development materials and programs, and other duties as assigned by the Director of WVNET.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff members to deliver professional development plans that meet the evolving needs of the Teaching and Learning Commons.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing and communication strategies that increase awareness of and engagement with WVNET products, particularly programs and services under the umbrella of distance learning and educational services.
- Establish mutually beneficial partnerships with local, county, and state government, and community organizations; leverage relationships for internship and engagement opportunities.
- Incorporate experiential learning, career and professional development, entrepreneurship, and leadership development into a departmental strategic plan; develop and cultivate deep relationships with WVNET’s customer base and user groups.
- Facilitate regular team meetings and complete weekly report.
- Attend Degree Works, Banner, Blackboard and Software Development team meetings, in addition to Management and Information Security meetings.
- Evaluate the fiscal needs of the TLC Department; prepare, manage, and administer the operational budget.
- Identify needs and work across the department to fund important professional development-related initiatives.
- Evaluate and fully implement technologies that provide state-of-the art software programs for students, faculty, and staff at participating institutions as well as departmental staff.
- Offer Professional Development sessions to education entities in the state of West Virginia
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to lead and manage diverse teams, especially in terms of establishing and implementing a shared, innovative vision and strategies for achievement.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to establish and nurture relationships with external and internal constituents at the most senior level.
- Project management and change management skills with record of achieving results across a broad range of distance learning and educational services.
- A consummate collaborator, with a results-oriented mindset.
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills, with experience in using analysis to develop strategies and drive change within the department.
- Experience in mentoring staff, creating effective teams, and ensuring accountability of actions.
- Well-developed fiscal and budget management skills.
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive environment for members of WVNET’s staff.
- Experience with curriculum development, professional development, and instructional design.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. WVNET provides a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.