WVNET is seeking to hire a full-time, Network Operator in Morgantown! Our Network Operators provide basic (Tier I) assistance and consulting to WVNET customers, including: K-12 schools, higher educational institutions, libraries, state and county government, and various not-for-profit organizations. Network Operators are categorized as essential personnel as defined by WVNET policy, and incumbent is required to work during declared emergencies.
This position provides customer support, system monitoring, and problem escalation to advanced (Tier II) support on a 24-hour non-standard work hours basis. The position is required to work a 12.5 hour rotating shift to accommodate 24/7 services.
Work Location: 837 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV, 26505 (Required)
Classification: Classified Staff, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Non-Exempt
Salary: Annual salary is $33,298 with excellent state government benefits: health insurance, dental, vision, hearing, Health Savings Accounts / Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement investing, and life insurance plans, short-term/long-term disability insurance, as well as, generous amounts of vacation, sick, state & federal holidays, and professional development opportunities.
MINIMUM Education / Training
- Associate’s Degree in any field of study, with a minimum of 15 credit hours of academic courses completed in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant courses.
***Details of relevant work experience must be shown in your resume.***
- Two (2) years of IT help desk or network operations experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor WVNETs internal electronic ticketing system, email, and primary phone extension for any correspondence from our customers that are experiencing an issue or have general question.
- Provide basic (Tier I) level contact and support for all customer generated tickets. Escalate unresolved issues to Tier II support as required.
- Provide primary (Tier I) support for the Brightspace Learning Management System used by multiple institutions throughout the state. Assist students and instructors with issues related to login, navigation, and general coursework questions. Escalates unresolved issues to Tier II support as required.
- Provide basic (Tier I) support to WVNET email customers with accounts and client configuration. Utilize a custom application to perform account deactivation/reactivation. Assist other customers with password resets utilizing an Office 365 environment.
- Develop and update documentation to provide a rich knowledge base for all network operations staff.
- Ensure building security and fire safety outside normal business hours through video monitoring and occasional building patrols.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities (KSA)
- Excellent customer service and phone skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical reference manuals.
- Ability to adapt to current technology platforms and services.
- Familiarity with modern operating systems and services.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination regarding a person’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. WVNET provides a collegial, respectful, and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity, and contributions of its staff.