This position serves the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission (Commission) and the West Virginia Council for Community and Technical College Education (Council) whose offices are located at 1018 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia.
Work Location: 1018 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, WV (Required)
Classification: Salary, Non-Classified, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt
Salary: Competitive starting salary range of $60,000 – $70,000 annually. The Commission also offers an excellent state government benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance coverage, retirement investing, and life insurance plans as well as generous amounts of vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and two years of related work experience are required. However, any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered.
- Experience with database programming via standard SQL or Oracle SQL+ and PL/SQL is preferred.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Research and Policy, the Programmer / Developer provides systems analysis and programming support for state-level data submissions, state financial aid programs and ad hoc projects. The position offers opportunities for advanced training/professional development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to complete diverse tasks ranging from long-term, multi-stage development projects to fast-paced data requests accurately and on time.
- Ability to complete time-sensitive projects while adhering to prescribed deadlines.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn new data analysis, visualization and reporting software.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal acumen, and the ability to work collaboratively and productively in a team environment.
- The ability to work with users to understand their needs and translate those into application features. Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
Qualified candidates must submit a letter of interest, a current resume, and titles, phone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references. Final candidates are subject to employment and credential verification, as well as reference and background checks. Submit all information electronically via e-mail with “Programmer/Developer” in the subject line to: Ms. Vickie Hairston, HR Representative, Senior at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission and the Community, and Technical College System of West Virginia, and West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Commission, Council, and WVNET provides a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.