West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) connects K-12 schools, higher educational institutions, libraries, state and county government, and various not-for-profits to the Internet and the rest of the world through our state-of-the-art network and telecommunications expertise.
Our team of dedicated IT professionals provide guidance and training to educators and staff in higher education and K-12 schools. Our research and development of software, tools, and systems address problems and tackle challenges that are unique to West Virginia’s public institutions and not-for-profits.
Work Location: 837 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV, 26505 (Required)
Classification: Salary, Non-Classified, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt
Salary: Starting annual salary range is $65,000 – $75,000. Additionally, WVNET offers an excellent state government benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance coverage, retirement investing, and life insurance plans as well as generous amounts of vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or business, or Associate’s degree in a similar field and current PMP certification.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred (required within one year of hire).
- Five (5) years of experience in software development.
- Five (5) years of experience in design, development, and support of enterprise web applications.
- Preferred experience working with WV Higher Education and K12 customers.
- *** DETAILS OF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE MUST BE SHOWN IN THE WORK EXPERIENCE SECTION OF YOUR RESUME ***
WVNET is seeking an experienced Project Manager for all aspects of assigned IT and software application development projects. This includes development and management of a project work plan, reporting, issue tracking, project scope, and risk mitigation. Works closely with management to organize and prioritize projects. Collaborates with WVNET, IT, vendors, faculty and staff to ensure successful completion of projects. Ensures the successful completion of projects and serves as a liaison of WVNET by providing appropriate on-site visits, facilitating regular communication, resolving client requests, and overseeing resolution of issues to ensure delivered services meet client needs and expectations outside of defined projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan out the blueprints for software projects, including defining the scope, allocating resources, setting deadlines, laying out communication strategies, and indicating tests and maintenance.
- Obtain resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Discuss potential projects and their parameters with clients, executives, and software developers.
- Assemble the project team and participate in each stage of the project.
- Ensure each project stays on schedule and meets deadlines.
- Determine and oversee consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of all products in all stages of completion. Identify areas for improvement
- Track milestones, deliverables, and change requests.
- Serve as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information.
- Deliver completed software products to clients and performing regular checks on the products’ performance.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities (KSAs)
- Working knowledge of common software design patterns and methodologies, including Agile Scrum and Kanban development methodologies
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to adapt skills to various analytical situations
- Strong and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Functional project management knowledge in managing tasks, scope, resources, and risk.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates collaboration skills and creates positive relationships with others
- Maintains a controlled and relaxed demeanor during intense situations
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. WVNET provides a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.