West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) connects K-12 schools, higher educational institutions, libraries, state and county government, and various not-for-profits to the Internet and the rest of the world through our state-of-the-art network and telecommunications expertise.
Our team of dedicated IT professionals provide guidance and training to educators and staff in higher education and K-12 schools. Our research and development of software, tools, and systems address problems and tackle challenges that are unique to West Virginia’s public institutions and not-for-profits.
Work Location: 837 Chestnut Ridge Road, Morgantown, WV, 26505 (Required)
Classification: Salary, Classified, Full-Time Benefits, FLSA Exempt
Salary: Starting salary range is $30,000 to $38,000 and commensurate with experience. Additionally, WVNET offers an excellent state government benefits package, including comprehensive health insurance coverage, retirement investing, and life insurance plans as well as generous amounts of vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Application Deadline: February 10, 2021
Minimum Education & Experience
Associate’s degree Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, or related field.
- Experience with Universal Design and ADA knowledge.
- Experience with maintaining and modifying websites with help of various tools such as HTML and CSS.
- Experience and proficiency with WordPress.
- Understanding and experience with Search Engine Optimization best practices.
- Experience with providing the highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
WVNET is seeking an entry level Web Assistant experienced with aspects of website design, development and maintenance. Experience with WordPress or similar CMS required. Associates degree in computer science or related field required. ADA and Universal Design knowledge preferred. This position will report to the Supervisor of Development and Manager of the Teaching and Learning Commons.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide web site design and construction, including mockups and custom themes.
- Provide web site maintenance (CMS updates, OZ tickets, etc.).
- Conduct front-end development (UX/UI) for web applications.
- Perform ADA Compliance audits.
- Create/edit graphics, including both vector and raster image formats.
- Provide customer service and direct client interaction.
- Conduct presentations to provide website-related trainings and orientations to customers.
- Research and develop skills to investigate solutions, tools, and technologies, including personal skills training.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to edit, update and create HTML and CSS.
- Website design and construction, including mockups and custom themes.
- Website maintenance (CMS and plugin updates, create and update OZ support tickets, etc.).
- Create/edit graphics, images, logos, photographs, and videos.
- Direct client interaction (not training-related) and customer service.
- Maintain Web accessibility requirements, perform ADA Compliance audits.
- Ability to work accurately.
- Ability to maintain proper job attendance and punctuality standards.
- Monitor software and plugin licenses and ensure all content is used in line with correct licensing agreements.
- Ensure content is built in-line with SEO best practices.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled
The West Virginia Network for Educational Telecomputing (WVNET) is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. WVNET provides a collegial, respectful and inclusive environment that values the diversity, creativity and contributions of its staff.