West Virginia Network (WVNET) offers quality Web services with the budgets, concerns and needs of West Virginia’s schools, non-profits, state and county agencies in mind. We install and maintain the web server software and hardware on our high-speed backbone, protect it from hackers and power failures, back everything up daily, and make sure it all runs smoothly, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Prices start at $35/month and are billed monthly or annually, depending on your preferences.
Web hosting fees listed below include:
- Unlimited disk space (subject to Acceptable Use Policy)
- FTP access
- 24/7 Helpdesk
- Daily backups
- Plug In Updates (WordPress sites only)
- $35/month for web hosting (billed quarterly)
- default blank WordPress site available upon request
- $250 one-time fee for WVNET to migrate current site as is (applies to WordPress and static HTML sites)
- $1000 one-time fee for WVNET to migrate current site and convert to WordPress (5-10 pages using one of our approved WordPress themes and minimal customization. For a larger site migration and/or extensive site customizations please request a custom quote.)
- $50/month for web hosting plus (billed quarterly)
- WordPress multisite capabilities with support for up to 10 subsites in a single instance
- Additional subsites available in 10 subsite increments for an additional $5/month (subject to limitations)
- Pricing for conversion and/or migration services available upon request
Additional services WVNET can provide:
- Domain name registration and management based upon current market price
- $125/hour for website support (billed monthly if support is provided during that month; there is no monthly charge if no support was provided)
- $2400 annual fee for 25 hours of annual support; billed quarterly in addition to web hosting fees
- ADA compliance audit at $100/page
- Website redesign (custom quote based on site requirements)
- Website redirection for Top Level Domains: $2/month
NOTE: All qualified WV K-12 institutions receive Basic Web Hosting PLUS a free basic website. Contact us for more details.
Domain Name Registration
- $12.80 per .com
- $19.40 per .org
- $19.40 per .us
- $15.80 per .net
- $29.00 per .app
- $13.40 per .link
- $48.20 per .stream
- $10.70 per domain
- $18.00 per 3 domains
- $39.60 per 5 domains
- $93.60 per 10 domains
- $87.50 per wildcard domain
For domain extensions not covered by the contract (such as .info or .biz), customers (including K12) would pay market price.
Americans with Disabilities Act (Section 508) Compliance Audit:
$100 per web page. This includes analysis of your site, a detailed description of problems, and assistance with bringing the site into compliance.
Extended Web Site Maintenance Contract:
In addition, if you love our support but don’t need the hosting, WVNET can provide 24/7 support for your website, even if you don’t host it with us. The cost of this service is negotiated based on our assessment of the time and effort required to provide this service. Call (304)293-5192 today for a quote.
Domain Name Procurement and Management:
WVNET can acquire and manage domain names. We obtain domain names and handle the setup and management in a DNS server, connecting your domain name with web, email and other services. Once it is in place, we can help you to keep your domain name renewed each year and make changes as needed.
Prices for domain names vary, but on average:
• .gov domains – $400/year
• .edu domains – $77/year
• .com, .org, .net, etc. domains – typically $20 or less per year
.gov and .edu domains require documentation to verify your eligibility.
For non .gov / .edu domain names we acquire, there is a $50 one-time surcharge.
For .gov / .edu domain names, we charge our standard consulting rate for setup.
If we manage the domain for you, there is a $25 management fee plus domain name renewal cost for each subsequent year.